Friday 18 March 2016

Lots of textures from Pinky


Good morning everyone, time for our mid month post and a reminder about our Flower Power theme, we has seen some lovely entries so far but if you have not joined in yet or would like to enter again there is still plenty of time to be in with a chance winning the super prize from 'be Creative!'

Following on with our challenge to the Design Team where they are sharing either a favourite technique or one that is new to them, this month Pinky has stepped outside her comfort zone and has a super textural card to share with us. I will hand you over to her to tell you all about her creation......


I decided to challenge myself this month with some techniques I haven't tried before.

Using colouring pencils on kraft paper and using some gesso. A big accomplishment for me as this is NOT my style of card but I so admire all you ladies who can pull this off on a regular basis!!


The colouring on the kraft was pretty easy, it had a nice smooth base to work on and the solvent glided over it nicely. I made the flowers and leaves using the Tonic punch/stamp set and just put everything together, added some glitter and gesso, and hey presto!

My aunt was the recipient for this card and in her words 'I love it!'.. Good enough for me lol.

To create my card I used:

  • Stamps - summer flowers - geranium from Creative Expressions
  • Papers from Papermania rose garden
  • Kraft paper and pink card
  • Medium - coloured pencils, Sansodor solvent, glitter pen
  • Embellishments - doilies, lace
  • Punches - Tonic Cardenia punch and stamp set, Martha Stewart Heart punch, Marianne square die
Thank you so much Pinky, your card is a delight.



5 comments:

Sally H said...

A wonderful card, Pinky! I love it! I haven't really tried coloured pencils on Kraft either

pinky said...

Thanks Sally!

Joan said...

Lovely card Pinky, lots of lovely texture

Joan

Dora said...

Gorgeous! What a details on this card. Beautiful done.

pinky said...

Thanks Joan and Dora.